I sat down to invite you to hear my story and I’m not sure where to start my invite. So many ideas going through my head.
Let’s face it. Life can be difficult.
For me, my life rocked along okay most of the time. Sure, we had ups and downs. Some of our downs were not easy. But overall, life was good.
Good marriage. Good family. Good kids. Good friends. Good ministry.
In the spring of 2016, I prayed regularly that I would walk in the Spirit all day long. I didn’t want to just spend time with God in the mornings when I prayed and read my Bible. Then, move on to spend the rest of my day living my life on my own.
Boy, did God answer that prayer. Not in the way I would choose, but I definitely walk with God more than ever. ALL. DAY. LONG.
I wish God had given me a book to read. That would have been easier, but it would not have the life-changing effect that suffering and trials have had on my life.
Last summer, I shared my story in El Salvador to mamas. Many of whom I cried and prayed with over their marriages and families. They didn’t know my whole story . . . why I was so broken over their situations. That is, until I shared my story.
When I came home, one of my kids said, “Mom, think how much greater impact you might have when your homeschool moms find out the whole picture.” That stuck with me. I thought I’d share my story here in the USA during the fall, but it never worked out. It wasn’t God’s timing.
Fast forward to this past spring, coming home from El Salvador after spring break.
Since then, I’ve been praying about God’s timing because this is a big deal. Out of respect for my family, I asked Steve and our kids to pray about this at the first of May. By the end of May, they all said “yes”.
Many moms have reached out, asking for prayer through email. I’ve prayed for you and cried for some of you. Now, it’s time for you to get the big picture of why I can relate to your problems.
If you answer “yes” to any of these questions, I encourage you to hear my story. There’s no name for it . . . just my story.
- Are you overwhelmed with life, family, kids?
- Are you having marital problems? Always arguing? Trying to control your spouse?
- Has a trusted friend betrayed you?
- Is it difficult to really forgive your spouse, your kids, your family, your friends, someone else, anyone?
- Do you need more joy & peace in your life?
- Have you lost your job?
- Have you been rejected or abandoned?
- Are you grieving over a death or a person who left your life?
- Are you stressing out over finances … how will you pay the bills?
- Are you looking for freedom over your addictions, depression, other chains in your life?
- Are you burdened by prodigals in your life – family or friends?
- Are you having problems financially, in too much debt?
- Are you unsure whether you are doing the right things to raise your kids in the Lord?
- Do you have a loved one who is not walking with God?
That’s a long list, but they cover many challenges I’ve had these past few years.
I’m excited and nervous to share my story of how God brought peace, joy and freedom into my life. During the past four years, I’ve had 3-4 life circumstances of specific rejection, abandonment, depression that I’ll share. I know those words sound strong, but they are accurate. Before now, I couldn’t even relate to my friends who felt rejected or depressed.
God brought me full circle and provided a few specific, Biblical tools for me to overcome deep sorrow, grief & suffering.
Although the live stream is over, you can still watch the replay. To get the replay link and join me, accept my invite below.
See ya soon!